Lenticular is a 3d form of photography allowing you to show two images on one print. This is done with triangular prisms side by side with one image on one of the surfaces and another on the other side.
For my final piece I created a motion time-lapse which showed the movement of cars on a dual carriage way. I searched online for other time-lapse that displayed movement in them as well as looked at other time-lapse that I have created for inspiration on what to capture and how to do so. The practical skills I used for this were using a camera with a tripod as well as video editing software. This has allowed me to create time-lapses faster as well as at a better quality. The problem solving that I had to do was to think of how many shots I needed for how many seconds I needed as well as how long that would take to actually shoot with the 10 second intervals of each shot. After the experimentation that I did I wrote up about what was good about it and what I needed to improve and why, which then enabled me to re-shoot and create a better, more professional final piece. In conclusion, doing this project allowed me to be able to create a m...
Harold Eugene "Doc" Edgerton also known as "Papa Flash" was a professor of electrical engineering at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology). Edgerton is largely credited with transforming the stroboscope to a common device from an obscure laboratory instrument. Along with the stroboscope, he also was largely involved with the development of sonar and deep sea photography, were his equipment was used for searches of shipwrecks. Edgerton experimented with his equipment by capturing different things from the different stages of a balloon bursting to a bullet impacting an apple. His images of the bursting ballons are taken so fast that you can see the bullet, even though bullets travel at hundreds of feet per second its been captured with such a fast shutter that the bullet looks completely still as if it is floating just after the balloons. Edgerton's Images of a bullet impacting an apple show the moisture inside the apple exploding out of the entry an...
Comments
Post a Comment