Final Piece - Motion Time lapse


I had previously created a time lapse of this location but it to me wasn't good enough due to a couple reasons, one being that it wasn't that long of a video, I wanted it to be a little bit longer. The other reason was that during shooting the the time lapse i had moved the camera while it was taking the images by accident, this resulted in the framing being different so in around the middle of it the shot jumps to a slightly different shot, which I was not happy with. So I resulted to re-shooting the images to create a new time lapse and this is what the end piece was.

To create this time-lapse I used a sturdy tripod were I made sure that the legs and positioning of the camera was all locked into place after I had lined the shot that I wanted up with the camera. I used an Intervalometer or timer remote controller that simply plugs into your camera, I set the settings to end up taking a shot every 6 seconds after each exposure had completed as each shot was exposed for 4 seconds each so that it showed the lights of the vehicles more as lines from where the start of the exposure was to the end of the end of were the exposure was. I did this so that it showed more movement in the video instead of cars suddenly disappearing which then seems as though the cars were stationary. Were as with the shutter being at a 4 second exposure it created the lines of the lights showing the path of the vehicles that generated the lines with its lights.
After I had taken the Images, I imported the images as a sequence into a new Sony Vegas project making sure that the frame rate was set as 24 frames per second or fps which is typically a frame rate used in the film industry. Making sure that the frame rate was set correctly I then moved the sequence of images onto the time line. Then I cropped the image sequence to the correct aspect ratio as the images are 6000 pixels by 4000 pixels which is a ratio of 3:2 were as normally monitors and video is now at a ratio of 16:9, so I cropped the image sequence to fit in the correct ratio so that it filled the video from corner to corner. Once I had done that I created a movement of the footage were it slowly pans from half way to the bottom of the images so that it used more of the image space instead of discarding the cropped out parts of the image. After I had got the movement the way I wanted it was ready to export and render.

Comments

Post a Comment